May is the last full month of spring—and spring is the right time of year to arrange for regular AC maintenance in Dickson, TN. Any air conditioning system that works as hard as ours do during the summers needs to have a professional inspection and tune-up each year to ensure the system works at its best through the coming hot weather.
We make regular air conditioning maintenance easy through our special maintenance program. When you join, you’ll receive two tune-ups for your HVAC system a year: the first in spring for your air conditioner, and the second in fall for your heater. Our technicians will give your air conditioning system a complete 14-point inspection and full tune-up. In addition, you’ll receive additional membership benefits such as priority service, a discount on repair work and replacement services, and no overtime charges for after hours.
Maintenance Is Necessary Every Year
If you’re thinking that maybe you can slide by without scheduling AC maintenance this year, please rethink. You only need to pick up the phone or send us a message to get on the schedule, and we’ll take care of everything else. It’s that easy to have it done—and believe us, your AC absolutely needs this maintenance service each year.
Consider how much you rely on your home’s AC during the summer. Think of what you pay in electric bills to run it. It probably uses more electrical power than any other appliance in your house. This will give you an idea of the extent of the work the air conditioner does each year, and why it needs routine maintenance and inspections to keep it from rapidly wearing down.
The Consequences of Lack of Maintenance
Let’s get into the details of what can go wrong with an air conditioner that misses maintenance. This will give you a good idea of the trouble you’ll avoid and the money you’ll save when you let us take care of this job each year:
- An air conditioner’s service life expectancy will start to decline. Most ACs can last from 10 to 15 years, but this will start to fall with missed maintenance. An air conditioner may end up only lasting around 5 to 8 years without routine maintenance.
- The air conditioner will run into far more repair problems. More than half of the repairs an AC may need during its lifetime are due to maintenance neglect.
- An air conditioner will not work at peak capacity if it’s worn down. You won’t receive the cooling levels you expect and will need to keep the air conditioner running longer.
- When the air conditioner is aging rapidly and accumulating wear and dirt, its efficiency will drop. You’ll pay more to run the AC each year. And if you have to run the air conditioner for longer and longer, that will also add to the cost to operate it.
- You may void the equipment warranty for your air conditioner years early if it doesn’t have records of professional maintenance. That warranty is an important protection against factory faults.